14.12.07

Cover Concept Artist

On top of my 9 to 5 here in India, where I am part of the pulse, a minor artery or vein somewhere in the lower arm, pumping mostly posters and event invitations to the heart and subsequently soul of this self-aggrandizing independent publishing house, I've been attempting to freelance some work, although lately these ventures have waned.

The first effort resulted in being paid $60 to travel south and play an eighteenth century missionary. As already discussed, actual value: priceless. Since then I've been making in-roads with another local publisher, acting more as a condiment on something they're eating, ketchup seems to be the most popular choice around here, than an element of the circulatory system.

I've designed two books covers, participated in an interview (with photo) regarding a subject I know nothing about for a magazine I've never heard of, and had offers to re-edit translated books (re: rewrite esoteric translations...massive headache) and write children's stories. All for Indian-standard wage of course.

Did I say designed two book covers? One was actually only a cover concept...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. CLICK. the top comes
2. off. RUB. there's always
3. a rules. SNIFF. and
4. inhale life. deeply CLICK.
5. remember, having more than
6. before is not always
7. a good thing; like
8. more babies or more
9. axe postcards. more can
10. lead to confusion and
11. frustration and general time
12. wasting. so also remember
13. time is how we
14. spend our love. now
15. everyone go get drunk
16. and think of rubs,
17. rubbing, stroking, girls in
18. bikinis, sniffing, and me
19. sitting soberly in India
20. with less, specifically less,
21. alcohol. more or less,
22. more for Adam I
23. imagine, I miss you
24. guys, and would like
25. to hear from Alex
26. once without his sounding
27. stupendously wasted. so, a
28. a puzzle for JESSE, a
29. viciously seductive woman for
30. ADAM, and a scent
31. for RAVEN. feel free
32. to share, sorry you
33. always get shafted ALEX.

i'm sorry too. luckily, i'm good at sharing other people's things.

Anonymous said...

Somebody obviously "ZACHED" that wine glass. Therefore, I deserve partial credit for the cover design.