13.2.08

Below taken from government project management assessment of building construction methods fall 2007, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India-

Objective
: transport bricks from ground to level 1 of building under construction.

Success rate: nearly 50%.

Problem areas: man in charge of catching bricks thrown from ground (man B) often fails in primary task of catching brick (see "crucial moment"). However, if brick is caught, success rate is nearly 100%.

Solution: buy twice as many bricks as necessary, or maybe plastic bricks.

1 comment:

Alex Cref said...

This is totally amazing. It seems like there are two 'crucial moments' though, no? Is there not one at point #2b as well?

I meant to follow up with you about inheriting India.Ari. I've been perusing it for inspiration, and to get a feel for things you had also been struck by (I also had something about femurs and inches). My hope is to post things to it using the email workaround you've come up with, but I have also begun a blog at the invitation of lasercave. It is called "AMANARAITA BANJABAT INDIA" and is located at lasercave.biz/alex. I made my first post today! Bunches to come! How are you?! What are you doing as you read this?! It's 7:30am for you right now I think! What is Portland like I'll bet the weather is getting nice!/? What's it like having my ex-housies around?! Okay that's it for now! Let's have a correspondence on this random page if that's possible!