15.8.07

Asia.Ari

Well, I arrived in Taipei this morning after my long and relaxing tour of the West Coast. It's nearly noon here and I haven't slept much in the last 24 hours. My dad's ex-graduate student, CK, picked me up at the airport and brought me to a hostel, something I don't think I would have had much luck accomplishing on my own. In fact, if it weren't for him I'd probably still be sleeping in the airport terminal. Unfortunately check-in isn't until 2 pm, so I'm stuck sitting in the lobbying anxiously awaiting a shower and a bed.

I know it's lame to have just stepped foot in Asia for the first time in my life and to already be sitting in the common room in the 13th floor of building blogging about it...but I'm hot and exhausted and don't care. Outside it's crowded and muggy and without anyone to urge me on I just don't have the motivation.

So, bottom line: I made it to Asia and everything seems OK, the next 5 days in Taiwan should be great. The internet apparently switches languages somewhere over the pacific so now I can't understand most of what my computer is telling me, and I need to buy a new suitcase because mine somehow developed a hole.

No comments: