24.8.07

Ode to Giant Bug

Oh, giant bug
How I ode to you
For someday I will own you
But that day is surely not today

You sit quietly
As I sweat and shiver
In anticipation of your next move
A move I fear may bring you close to me

I’ll go to great, great lengths to avoid you
I’ll lock myself in another room
I know you are harmless
I think
But you are so, so revolting

To imagine your green guts
And the way your wings would feel
Against my face
I’ll spend all night hiding from you
Blast you to hell!

But yes, someday I will own you
And I’ll know just what to do
How to catch and dispose of you
Without dreading you next move

Because I am bigger, stronger, smarter, and everything else is on my side too
You’ll be dead before long don’t you know giant bug?
And then I’ll be through with you
But I hate you so much
It’s quite pathetic
You make me feel pathetic

So for now I ode to you
But someday, someday I’ll get it and you

I just keep telling myself…

No comments: